Sunday, July 17, 2011

personality > looks

i went four years only liking one boy. now the last two years that i've been dating that boy i've crushed on three different guys. boy #1 , JW, was my first best friend in college. he ended up falling madly and obsessively in love with me the night he ran into me on the street. we are very different people. he is very "harsh" and just quite a character. we would have never worked out. boy #2 is obviously "david." now #3 is the most recent one.

i met him at my internship. i would have NEVER have guessed that i would have ended up crushing on him at the beginning. he's not the most attractive or obviously out going guy, and it's all about physical attraction, right? not for me at least. over the past few weeks i've learned that he has one of the best personalities and senses of humor and sarcasm i have ever come across. i spent yesterday in the city with him and had such a great time.

but he is leaving in less than two weeks when our internship ends to go back to texas. honestly, i'll probably never see him again? it's so sad to think about. i've spent a decent amount of this summer with him, but at the same time 10 weeks is only enough to really scratch the surface of who someone is. i think he sees me as a silly, perverted, weird girl. he hasn't learned about my thoughtful, nerdy, and rational side. 

usually i know exactly how a boy feels about me, but with him i'm so confused. i think i'm a 7.5 and i think he's a 6, so rationally he'd like me, right? too bad life isn't that simple. maybe with my personality he sees me as a 7 and he rightfully sees himself as an 8.5. oh how the tables have turned!

i invited him to come visit the suburb i'm from and go to my friends bonfire with me at 2 AM, since this is his last weekend here. he ALWAYS texts me back, except i haven't gotten a reply about this yet. i don't know what to think?

honestly this doesn't even matter. why am i worrying about this? i have to learn to let things go.


No comments:

Post a Comment