Sunday, July 10, 2011

the good, the bad, and the douchey

i've been really happy the last few weeks. i realized how lucky i am. i have a kind family. i live in a wonderful suburb. i have a small group of great friends. i'm doing very well at school. i have an internship at a fortune 500 company. my manager loves me. i'm confident in who i am as a friend, a daughter, a student, an intern, and a girlfriend.

i truly believe in balance. you can't appreciate the good with out the bad. i guess this weekend has provided my life with some much needed balance. i really miss my best friend. with true love, distance makes the heart grow fonder, so there is no doubt in my mind our bond will grow stronger.

other than that it was my guy friends birthday. i ended up sending him a present the day before his birthday only because he got me one. i'm done caring about him the way i used it. it's not a productive use of my time.

caring has been my biggest strength and weakness. if i care about someone i will show them in every possible way, because actions speak louder than words. with my best friend and my boyfriend this has paid off. my giving isn't clingy or forgotten when it comes to them. with other people, my constant thoughtfulness is a burden. i end up feeling drained and dumb. now i'm really trying to evaluate who is worth my time. it's not easy but it's something i have to do, because otherwise i'm just going to end up feeling hurt.

ok now i have a few things i need to rant about. excuse my possibly rude and critical attitude.

1] i read this on my news feed "male and female mean IQs are about equal below the age of 15 but males have a higher mean IQ from age 15 on. The effect of sex differences in IQ is largest at the high extreme of intelligence. Since many of the more prestigious roles in society are associated with high IQ, the lack of female representation in these roles may be partially due to fewer females being competitive at the highest levels."

a. there is no source. you can't build ethos appeal with out a credible source.
b. confirmation bias. if you want to prove something one way or the other you're biased.
c. there exists data on the internet to prove any point you want to make.
d. CORRELATION DOES NOT EQUAL CAUSATION PEOPLE!
e. there are WAY too many confounded variables.

P.S. in no way am i a feminist. i make woman jokes all the time, but this is just plain dumb. maybe this argument is true, but if you're going to make an argument like this at least make it solid. this is just my opinion.

2] don't tell me to give you a "birthday kiss" and then tell me you had birthday sex five minutes later. also, don't tell me you had birthday sex when you accuse me of "being weird and trying to make you jealous" if i tell you a boy is cute.

3] the five things i live by thateveryone should keep in mind.
a. TREAT OTHERS HOW YOU WANT TO BE TREATED.
b. karma is a bitch.
c. you can attract more flies with honey than vinegar.
d. stop worrying and just smilie :)
e. it's amazing how lucky hard workers are.

4] correcting grammar or spelling is an easy way to distract from the meaning of an argument.

ah, i feel so much better :) time to get ready for a graduation party. to those who are reading this, i love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment