Thursday, July 21, 2011

the office

my managers just left for a meeting, and i've wrapped up my work. 

i've had such a great experience at my internship this summer. i'm so lucky i was placed in a department with a team that was goofy, hardworking, and thoughtful. they really put a lot of time and effort into giving me an excellent internship experience. i'm also very fortunate that my intern class is a great group of people. they aren't what i expect at all, but they're very fun. i've had the opportunity to become close with two guys, one being the guy i have a little bit of a thing for and the other being a guy who is the male version of me. i can't get over how strange it is that they'll be leaving in about two and a half weeks. i hope to keep in touch with both of them. when i get close with someone i refuse to have a temporary friendship. that's just my nature. sometimes i wish i was a little less caring. 

i wonder what's easier, changing yourself or trying to change someone else. the obvious answer is yourself. you have more control over who you are than who someone else is, but at the same time it's hard to alter your thoughts and how you feel, especially if they're totally irrational.

No comments:

Post a Comment